EH&S Specialist, Environmental Health & Safety | Seattle & Redmond, WA
Just-Evotec Biologics is seeking an EH&S Specialist to join the Environmental Health & Safety team for the advancement of low-cost biotherapeutics manufacturing. This pivotal position will report to the Sr. Manager, EH&S and assist in providing oversight and development of Environmental Health & Safety at Just-Evotec Biologics sites initially in both Seattle and Redmond, Washington, but long term in Redmond only. We believe that a culture of safety is created and sustained by effective utilization of all resources including knowledge of compliance and regulations, engagement with leadership and partnering with staff. This position will have a key role in enhancing the environmental, health and safety programs at Just’s R&D and CGMP biologics manufacturing sites. Candidate will work with staff to promote a positive safety culture and provide guidance to ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local safety and environmental regulations and company policies; safety and environmental reporting; maintaining safety metrics; incident investigation with corrective actions; measurement and analysis of occupational risks; and recommendations for action. Safety is taken very seriously at Just-Evotec Biologics, this position is highly visible and interactive across the organization. This position will have the opportunity to interact with the Global Head of EH&S of Evotec, as well as EHS leaders at other Evotec sites.
- Support development and implementation of environmental, health, and safety programs to meet regulatory requirements, corporate initiatives, and company objectives.
- Promote a positive safety culture throughout the organization and sites.
- Participate in the Just Safety Committees at Seattle and Redmond.
- Provide awareness regarding environmental and safety issues through training and continual communication. Working with external consultants as needed, conduct training programs in laboratory safety, chemical and biologics safety, hazardous materials storage and shipping, ergonomics, blood borne pathogens, and first aid.
- Coordinate incident investigations with managers to include the evaluation of each investigation to ensure that causes have been identified and that the corrective actions are appropriate.
- Implement strategies to effectively assess and prevent applicable EH&S related risks (waste management, fire protection, infectious disease, etc.).
- Maintain EH&S standard operating procedures and intranet resources.
- Assist with conducting job hazard analyses and identification of potential hazards related to work processes and new equipment/products.
Qualification and Education Requirements:
- Minimum of 4 years of EHS experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety, Environmental Science or related field; alternatively, scientific degree followed by formal EHS training.
- Current knowledge of EHS laws and regulations that impact the organization operations.
- Working experience in conducting incident investigations and interacting with regulatory agencies
- 5+ years EHS experience in pharmaceutical, biotech or life science industries
- Experience in biologics in lab and commercial manufacturing settings.
- Experience in biosafety, emergency response, business continuity and ergonomics
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated ability to work with cross functional teams comprised of facilities/engineering, process development, quality, and manufacturing at multiple levels.
- Ability to coach, train, and/or mentor any employee in safe and environmentally progressive
About Just – Evotec Biologics
Just – Evotec Biologics, wholly-owned by Evotec SE, is a unique platform company that integrates the design, engineering, development, and manufacture of biologics. With deep experience in the fields of protein, process and manufacturing sciences, the Just team came together to solve the scientific and technical hurdles that block access to life-changing protein therapeutics; from the design of therapeutic molecules to the design of the manufacturing plants used to produce them. Just’s focus is to create access and value for a global market through scientific and technological innovation. Our state-of-the-art labs and cGMP clinical manufacturing plant are co-located in Seattle’s South Lake Union neighborhood – the center of Seattle’s medical, global health, and technology industries and a noted top emerging life science hub in the U.S. Our fast-growing team of 200 employees is expanding Just’s innovative platform and footprint – building our first North American J.POD® commercial manufacturing facility in the Seattle area. For job opportunities, learn more at www.just.bio/careers
apply for this position:
please send resume and cover letter