Facilities Maintenance Manager | Redmond, WA
Just is seeking a highly-motivated, detail-oriented and driven Facilities Maintenance Manager that desires a significant opportunity to improve worldwide access to biotherapeutics. The Facilities Maintenance Manager will be responsible for the Planning and Scheduling of corrective, preventative and predictive maintenance work, shutdown, and project work performed by external service contractors. This position will ensure maintenance work and Facilities Services are planned, taking into consideration Environmental & Safety aspects, resources and equipment availability, work permits, and materials.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Maintenance Coordination: Schedule and document maintenance related services for manufacturing facilities, including buildings and grounds.
- Operational Efficiency: Actively partner and communicate with key internal/external stakeholders to develop a maintenance strategy and definition of facilities maintenance activities within the production areas.
- Technical Expertise: Serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for cleaning and sanitization of the GMP Manufacturing areas and pest control to ensure full compliance with the good facilities management guidelines and regulations.
- Manage Facilities services for the site, including Janitorial, Landscape, Pest Control, Space Planning, General Facilities Maintenance, Inspections, Permits and Plant Security.
- Accountable for the site Pest Control program, ensuring compliance with site procedures and guidelines.
- Responsible for ensuring full compliance with the site Cleaning and Sanitization program for all GMP manufacturing areas
- Prioritize, plan, coordinate and schedule corrective, preventive, and predictive maintenance work for the assigned maintenance areas and external service providers and to ensure jobs are planned and executed following Safety and Quality best practices.
- Responsible for the planning and development of the scope of work for all facilities maintenance activities, coordination of the manufacturing windows, evaluation of resources, and availability of the parts (stock and non-stock materials) associated with the job.
- Work with outside maintenance vendors, contractors, and suppliers to provide the site with quality services.
- Ensure the completion of preventative maintenance schedule and corrective maintenance backlog.
- Conduct and lead maintenance meetings with Maintenance Leaders, and Operations. Develop weekly schedules for the maintenance team.
- Support the planning and scheduling of facility shutdowns and projects to meet organizational objectives.
- Manage maintenance activities and the work order backlog in the CMMS system to ensure that all system data is updated, accurate, and compliant following approved procedures.
- Responsible for timely procurement and acquisition of parts needed for planned maintenance.
- Management of soft services at the site, including space planning.
- Track, maintain, and publish maintenance performance metrics/statistics.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Associate degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience in Pharmaceutical facilities maintenance management and 5 years of direct or indirect leadership experience preferred
- Proficient in the use and administration of the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry up to 50 lbs; In general, the position requires a combination of sedentary work and walking around observing conditions in the facility
- Must be able to work in controlled environments requiring special gowning. Will be required to follow gowning requirements and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet, and body
- Strong communication skills. Able to effectively lead cross-functional meetings and effectively engage management
- Strong Facilities Management background of GMP Pharmaceutical Manufacturing operations
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft office
- Proactively looks for opportunities to educate group and external departments
- Able to influence within the organization and provide leadership to the team
- Ability to multi-task in a highly dynamic and diverse environment
- Must be knowledgeable with respect to the operation and maintenance of the manufacturing facilities
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of manufacturing equipment and utilities process, using P&Id’s, equipment manuals, specifications, and standard operating procedures
- Use proper judgment when deciding about the scope of work for any corrective work order
- Possess good mechanical knowledge and skills
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and prioritize maintenance related issues with managers, manufacturing, Facilities and Engineering, QC, supply chain, CMMS, cleaning, and QA personnel
About Just – Evotec Biologics
Just – Evotec Biologics, wholly-owned by Evotec SE, is a unique platform company that integrates the design, engineering, development, and manufacture of biologics. With deep experience in the fields of protein, process and manufacturing sciences, the Just team came together to solve the scientific and technical hurdles that block access to life-changing protein therapeutics; from the design of therapeutic molecules to the design of the manufacturing plants used to produce them. Just’s focus is to create access and value for a global market through scientific and technological innovation. Our state-of-the-art labs and cGMP clinical manufacturing plant are co-located in Seattle’s South Lake Union neighborhood – the center of Seattle’s medical, global health, and technology industries and a noted top emerging life science hub in the U.S. Our fast-growing team of 100 employees is expanding Just’s innovative platform and footprint – building our first North American J.POD® commercial manufacturing facility in the Seattle area. For job opportunities, learn more at www.just.bio/careers
apply for this position:
please send resume and cover letter