IT Senior Network Engineer | Redmond, WA
Just-Evotec Biologics is seeking a highly motivated and creative Sr Network Engineer to join a fast-paced, collaborative, and multidisciplinary team to provide both local and global network (LAN / WAN / Remote Access / Wireless / Physical infrastructure) design, integration, and support. This position will be based in Redmond, WA where the candidate will design and implement the network infrastructure for a new state of the art biotech manufacturing facility. The candidate will also demonstrate strong leadership within the Global IT Infrastructure team and will be a key team member for future integrations and global projects. The candidate will use the latest software and hardware tools to remotely analyze, support, manage, monitor, troubleshoot, and repair hardware and software related to the global data network infrastructure which includes: bridges, switches, routers, LAN/WAN protocols. Interaction with internal and external global customers requiring good Customer Service skills. Responsible for analysis and research for escalated problem resolution working an On-Call schedule to assist all shifts. Some requirements for weekend and holiday coverage.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Responsible for providing operational support by proactively monitoring, troubleshooting, and maintaining the global data and security network (LAN, WAN, Directory Services, Border Networks, Remote Access, Wireless & Physical Infrastructure) including multiplexers, switches, hubs, routers and all associated hardware and software to maintain the network functionality.
- Responsible for escalated Incident handling and resolution locally and globally.
- Uses remote monitoring and diagnostic tools to configure and trouble-shoot network devices and issues. Responsible for creating, updating, and completing documentation associated with qualification, incident handling, and problem resolution.
- Acts as a liaison between organizations building open and honest relationships, following through on commitments.
- Provide a stable, dependable network across multiple platforms by utilizing network management applications to analyze network faults, ensure the provision of data or other telecommunications access to clients, and the movement of information from one location to another. Works close with other IT organizations and business contacts to resolve issues.
- Secures relevant information: Analyze customer needs, gather information from multiple sources to understand problems; analyze and identify irregularities before major problems occur.
- Provides post-mortem root cause analysis for any major issues that do occur.
- Responsible for the support of network security, possessing a thorough understanding of Border Networks (Internet, Intranet and Extranet) and the infrastructure associated with it to include UNIX, Load Balancing, Firewalls, intrusion detection, authentication systems and VPN.
- Participate in and coordinate technical resources for disaster recovery planning and testing for infrastructure and client business applications. Lead various vendor/customer meetings. Research and maintain a comprehensive knowledge of new technologies equipment and services in the data communications industry.
- <10% Travel may be needed.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree or technical institute degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field; or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of IT experience managing, implementing, and designing global networks systems with a demonstrated working in-depth knowledge of hardware and software products and problem solving/troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of all technologies related to the global data network infrastructure and their interdependencies and must have a detailed technical understanding of the majority of the technologies
- Possess a thorough understanding of switching/bridging, load balancing, and routing technologies, able to comprehend Active Directory as it relates to personnel IDs, DHCP, WINS & DNS services.
- Prior experience working within a GxP environment or within Biotech, Pharmaceutical, and/or Medical Device companies preferred but not required.
- Prior experience supporting and troubleshooting cloud technologies such as AWS and Azure is highly desired.
About Just – Evotec Biologics
Just – Evotec Biologics, wholly-owned by Evotec SE, is a unique platform company that integrates the design, engineering, development, and manufacture of biologics. With deep experience in the fields of protein, process and manufacturing sciences, the Just team came together to solve the scientific and technical hurdles that block access to life-changing protein therapeutics; from the design of therapeutic molecules to the design of the manufacturing plants used to produce them. Just’s focus is to create access and value for a global market through scientific and technological innovation. Our state-of-the-art labs and cGMP clinical manufacturing plant are co-located in Seattle’s South Lake Union neighborhood – the center of Seattle’s medical, global health, and technology industries and a noted top emerging life science hub in the U.S. Our fast-growing team of 100 employees is expanding Just’s innovative platform and footprint – building our first North American J.POD® commercial manufacturing facility in the Seattle area. For job opportunities, learn more at www.just.bio/careers
apply for this position:
please send resume and cover letter