Materials Control Specialist | Redmond & Seattle, WA
Just-Evotec Biologics is seeking a highly motivated Materials Control Specialist that desires a significant opportunity to improve worldwide access to biotherapeutics. Materials Control Specialist are responsible for the execution of product logistics in a cGMP environment. This includes the receipt and inspection, storage, wipe down and issuance of kitted and non-kitted GMP materials used in production and final product shipping/distribution to our customers. Other responsibilities included performing data entry into various business systems and databases ensuring department compliance with policies and procedures for both Just-Evotec Biologics state of the art J.POD™ Facility, located in Redmond WA, as well as Just-Evotec Biologics Clinical Production Facility, located in the South Lake Union neighborhood in Seattle, WA.
The Primary Job Responsibilities include:
- Perform all work activities in a safe and compliant manner according to all Just. Biotherapeutics policies, procedures, and trainings.
- Receive, identify, quarantine, store, cycle count, handle, dispense, and issue raw material, inventory, and finished goods.
- Safely use manual labor, carts, pallet jacks, and forklifts to move inventory throughout warehouse and facility.
- Maintain, organize, and safely store general supplies, maintain, and replenish GMP areas as required.
- Maintain an accurate inventory (paper and electronic), disposition, expiration, and retest records for all GMP materials.
- Maintain compliance with assigned training curriculum.
- Interface with a variety of departments when coordinating, shipping, receiving, and material movements.
- Participate in external and internal audits as needed.
- Ability to create and revise standard operating (SOP) reverent to department processes.
- Assist with deviations, change control, and corrective / preventive actions within the established Quality management system.
- Access various business systems and input data with a high level of accuracy (i.e., decommissioning of materials, material destruction, plant to plant movements, and other non-routine ERP transactions)
- Assorted additional duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- AA or AS degree in Business Administration or related fields is preferred.
- Ability to follow detailed verbal and written instruction.
- Good basic mathematical skills
- Ability to repeatedly lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, stoop, bend, twist, push, and pull.
- Have or the ability to earn forklift and aerial operator certification.
- Have or the ability to earn DOT & IATA shipping certifications.
- Proficiency with PC desktop applications and business operations software system
- Flexibility in assignments and able to work over-time, holidays, weekends, and different shifts as required to meet business and customer needs.
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
- Demonstrated ability to plan, prioritize, and execute work appropriately with minimal supervision.
- Experience in Quality management systems working on deviations, change control, and corrective / preventive actions.
- Experience in Lean methodologies is preferred.
- Experience with cell therapy manufacturing is preferred.
About Just – Evotec Biologics
Just – Evotec Biologics, wholly-owned by Evotec SE, is a unique platform company that integrates the design, engineering, development, and manufacture of biologics. With deep experience in the fields of protein, process and manufacturing sciences, the Just team came together to solve the scientific and technical hurdles that block access to life-changing protein therapeutics; from the design of therapeutic molecules to the design of the manufacturing plants used to produce them. Just’s focus is to create access and value for a global market through scientific and technological innovation. Our state-of-the-art labs and cGMP clinical manufacturing plant are co-located in Seattle’s South Lake Union neighborhood – the center of Seattle’s medical, global health, and technology industries and a noted top emerging life science hub in the U.S. Our fast-growing team of 200 employees is expanding Just’s innovative platform and footprint – building our first North American J.POD® commercial manufacturing facility in the Seattle area. For job opportunities, learn more at www.just.bio/careers
apply for this position:
please send resume and cover letter