Just is seeking a highly motivated Materials Engineer in the Manufacturing Technical Operations group that desires a significant opportunity to improve worldwide access to biotherapeutics. The primary focus of this job is to work with operations to develop, procure, commission and test single use assemblies and manifolds for our flexible manufacturing facilities. Candidate will coordinate with supply groups to bring components into the facility and with the Quality group to develop operating procedures and specifications for the materials. In addition, the candidate will be responsible for supporting the evaluation and introduction of new single use manufacturing technologies, including assessments of leachables and extractables, and assisting with the commissioning and validation of new process equipment in the facility.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering science or related program with 1-3 years relevant experience.
- Experience designing and developing single use components for commercial manufacturing equipment.
- Materials science background and understanding of chemical compatibility, and leachables / extractables profiles of single-use components
- Understanding of process equipment such as single use bioreactors, chromatography and filtration processing equipment and operations used to manufacture biotherapeutics.
- Proven knowledge of cGMP requirements and experience with single use flow path operations and disposable-based manufacturing technologies from bench-scale through commercial scale.
- Candidate must possess strong focus on quality and attention to detail as well as effective task/ time management organizational skills.
- Ability to organize, analyze/interpret, and effectively communicate process data.
- Good interpersonal, team, and collaborative skills are a must.
- Excellent oral and technical writing communication skills.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Applies knowledge to solve complex technical problems; may apply novel approach that provides significant technology advancement.
- Can work independently and in project teams.
- Experience with equipment commissioning/validation activities a plus
About Just – Evotec Biologics
Just – Evotec Biologics, wholly-owned by Evotec SE, is a unique platform company that integrates the design, engineering, development, and manufacture of biologics. With deep experience in the fields of protein, process and manufacturing sciences, the Just team came together to solve the scientific and technical hurdles that block access to life-changing protein therapeutics; from the design of therapeutic molecules to the design of the manufacturing plants used to produce them. Just’s focus is to create access and value for a global market through scientific and technological innovation. Our state-of-the-art labs and cGMP clinical manufacturing plant are co-located in Seattle’s South Lake Union neighborhood – the center of Seattle’s medical, global health, and technology industries and a noted top emerging life science hub in the U.S. Our fast-growing team of 200 employees is expanding Just’s innovative platform and footprint – building our first North American J.POD® commercial manufacturing facility in the Seattle area. For job opportunities, learn more at www.just.bio/careers
apply for this position:
please send resume and cover letter