Security Coordinator | Redmond, WA
Just-Evotec Biologics is seeking a Security Coordinator to join a fast-paced, collaborative, and multi-disciplinary team for the advancement to improve worldwide access to biotherapeutics. The objective of the Security Coordinator position is to coordinate and to perform a variety of security related activities to ensure the safety and security of company property, staff, and visitors. The Security Coordinator will coordinate and facilitate all security functions including access control, badging, alarm monitoring, security system control, security system maintenance and physical security. This position will be responsible for overseeing Day/Swing/Night shifts and to cover 24/7 security operation and require significant on-the-floor presence, as well as technical subject matter expertise in security for manufacturing industries, preferable.
- Provide access control of the facility by monitoring badge access systems, and managing visitors and contractors access, On Guard Management Systems, and maintaining security site requirements.
- Issues employee, contractor identification and access control.
- Operate essential security and fire systems including, but not limited to Security Card Access/CCTV systems; Based Fire Alarm Systems; Multi-Channel Radios; Based Security Applications – Incident Reports, Operations Logs, and Security Procedures Manuals & Employee Database.
- Coordinate and utilize Security systems to monitor the property to protect people, critical systems, and physical assets. Operate all equipment in accordance with assets protection objectives only and treat all departmental records as confidential internal business records to be shared / released only in accordance with established guidelines.
- Provide assistance and coordinate the daily functions of physical security.
- Conduct deterrent / preventive patrols and hazard surveillance of buildings and grounds observing security breaches, policy and/or work rule violations, unruly and/or unsafe behavior to include safety and fire hazards, unsecured areas, unauthorized persons, damaged property and/or criminal activity. Provide assistance as necessary and appropriate to the circumstances.
- Complete security log entries to record daily activities and write detailed security incident reports for all unusual events, observations, and incidents occurring during any work assignment or shift. Complete other logs, as necessary, to track events and provide necessary departmental records.
- Respond to routine service requests, urgent calls for assistance, and emergency situations in accordance with department policies, procedures, guidelines, post orders and sound professional judgment. Call for police, fire, and/or EMS services as appropriate to the circumstances. Notify manager and/or Health and Safety of medical emergencies.
- Review property tracers for accuracy and appropriate level of authorization.
- Maintain and secure valuable property and/or information.
- Provide support during special events to include appropriate controls on access to the facility and a safe environment.
- Maintains all security related records and data.
- Identify security threats through vulnerability assessments and notifies the manager/law enforcement officials of suspected violations.
- Support planning, organizing, and leading department security activities.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Degree in related discipline.
- One (1) year experience in a technology related role or similar role.
- Three (3) years of experience in law enforcement, corporate security and/or Military Experience.
- Must be able to operate computer proficiently, to use security system programs and email.
- Experience with CCTV, Access control, ID badging systems, Visitor Management Software.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and implement all applicable SOPs (Standard Operating Procedure), policies, and procedures.
- Ability to become qualified as a “train the trainer” on Just Evotec Biologics SOPs for the area of responsibility and site wide as appropriate.
- Ability to work flexible hours including holidays, weekends, overtime, be on-call and available for special assignments.
- Available to work various shifts.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
About Just – Evotec Biologics
Just – Evotec Biologics, wholly-owned by Evotec SE, is a unique platform company that integrates the design, engineering, development, and manufacture of biologics. With deep experience in the fields of protein, process and manufacturing sciences, the Just team came together to solve the scientific and technical hurdles that block access to life-changing protein therapeutics; from the design of therapeutic molecules to the design of the manufacturing plants used to produce them. Just’s focus is to create access and value for a global market through scientific and technological innovation. Our state-of-the-art labs and cGMP clinical manufacturing plant are co-located in Seattle’s South Lake Union neighborhood – the center of Seattle’s medical, global health, and technology industries and a noted top emerging life science hub in the U.S. Our fast-growing team of 200 employees is expanding Just’s innovative platform and footprint – building our first North American J.POD® commercial manufacturing facility in the Seattle area. For job opportunities, learn more at www.just.bio/careers
apply for this position:
please send resume and cover letter