Senior Quality Engineer, Computer Systems Validation | Seattle, WA
Just is seeking a highly-motivated Quality Engineer within the Quality Systems group that desires to be part of a team focused on improving worldwide access to Biotherapeutics! The role is responsible for providing technical and quality oversight of computer system qualification and validation activities, ensuring that the program and execution are fully compliant with the Just Pharmaceutical Quality System (PQS) and regulations. This role will build, provide guidance, and develop solutions to complex computer system qualification and validation efforts to enable the timely and compliant completion of Just’s new biologics manufacturing facility in Redmond, WA.
- Define and build Quality business processes and standards by working with the relevant Automation and IT teams
- Develop compliant novel ways to comply with regulatory requirements.
- Partner with the biologics manufacturing sites on the implementation of new manufacturing and quality systems
- Oversee future validation efforts associated with the operation of all GMP manufacturing computer systems
- Perform SDLC validation planning for each computerized system to ensure complete, successful end-to-end qualification of electronic systems, including system interfaces and infrastructure usage.
- Provide oversight to the overall computer system validation master plan, including interactions with other Just-Evotec entities responsible for related non-site-based computer systems.
- Guide internal Just automation groups and vendor SMEs in the definition of and development of validation documents, including procedures and training.
- Apply quality risk management principles to situations as the needs arise.
- Review and approve qualification documents, before and after execution, as required.
- Serve as Business Process Owner and/or Subject Matter Expert for key systems (e.g. LIMS, EQMS, etc.)
- Ensure current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) regulations and Just PQS requirements are met for qualification/validation of manufacturing execution systems, process automation systems and related GMP computerized systems
- Apply knowledge of GMP computerized systems, qualification and validation principles, manufacturing processes, quality systems, engineering design fundamentals, health authority expectations and industry standards
- Works collaboratively with both internal/external collaborators, vendors, and regulatory agencies to anticipate and resolve quality issues as well as maintain GMP compliance.
- BA/BS or higher degree in engineering or life sciences with at least 6-10+ years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry in the fields of engineering or qualification, including the design, implementation, commissioning, qualification/validation and maintenance of GMP computerized systems
- Both high-level and detailed knowledge of SDLC approaches (such as GAMP 5) and computer system validation concepts. Ability to interact with all levels in the organization.
- The successful candidate must have strong initiative and integrity as well as strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills. They should be able to successfully work independently and within teams, demonstrate strong problem-solving skills, partner/customer focus, and the ability to work with complex business systems and processes.
- Expert in quality oversight of GMP computerized systems in the pharmaceutical industry, and pharmaceutical quality systems/quality management systems, including expertise with computer system validation, data integrity, and quality risk management in the pharmaceutical industry
- Expert knowledge of relevant health authority requirements/guidance and industry standards ISA S88 and ISA S95 for batch control and enterprise-control system integration; ISPE GAMP, ISPE Baseline Guide: Commissioning and Qualification, and ASTM E2500
- High quality assurance mindset with Quality Assurance experience in the computer system and pharmaceutical automation field, and understanding of quality risk management principles.
- Experience with the integration of Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) with Process Automation Systems (PAS), Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems, Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS), and lot disposition systems
- Knowledge of the Drug Substance manufacturing process and process (equipment) systems in the biopharmaceutical industry as well as key business processes including review by exception, electronic batch production records/batch reports, materials management, and sample management in the pharmaceutical industry
- Experience with the design, implementation, commissioning, qualification/validation and maintenance of Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES), and/or Process Automation Systems (PAS). Experience or familiarity with Korber Werum PAS|X MES and Emerson DeltaV PAS is preferred.
- Experience with health authority inspections demonstrating their expertise and the successful defense of GMP computerized systems
- Mastery of SOPs, cGMPs and other compliance requirements and regulatory guidelines (FDA, EU) and the know how to work and manage within a regulatory environment.
- Familiarity with agile software development approaches, and the lifecycle management of GMP computerized systems in the pharmaceutical industry
About Just – Evotec Biologics
Just – Evotec Biologics, wholly-owned by Evotec SE, is a unique platform company that integrates the design, engineering, development, and manufacture of biologics. With deep experience in the fields of protein, process and manufacturing sciences, the Just team came together to solve the scientific and technical hurdles that block access to life-changing protein therapeutics; from the design of therapeutic molecules to the design of the manufacturing plants used to produce them. Just’s focus is to create access and value for a global market through scientific and technological innovation. Our state-of-the-art labs and cGMP clinical manufacturing plant are co-located in Seattle’s South Lake Union neighborhood – the center of Seattle’s medical, global health, and technology industries and a noted top emerging life science hub in the U.S. Our fast-growing team of 100 employees is expanding Just’s innovative platform and footprint – building our first North American J.POD® commercial manufacturing facility in the Seattle area. For job opportunities, learn more at www.just.bio/careers
apply for this position:
please send resume and cover letter