Vice President, Business Development | Europe
Just-Evotec Biologics is seeking a highly motivated, creative, and driven Vice President, Business Development that desires a significant opportunity to improve worldwide access to biotherapeutics. As part of a growing team and reporting to the EVP and Global Head of Evotec Business Development, this role is responsible for growing biologics revenue opportunities through new and ongoing business development engagements and negotiations. This position will be based in Europe.
- Identifies potential business collaborations and partnerships, that fit within the overall corporate strategy, business plan and product portfolio.
- Lead business development engagements and lead negotiations focusing on Evotec’s multi-modality approach with an emphasis in biologics.
- Manages and coordinates cross-functional team through evaluation of opportunities and interactions with potential partners.
- Develops and negotiates term sheets and identify solutions when needed to reach agreement on key deal terms.
- Identification, communication and management of risks and opportunities with new and existing partnerships and strategic alliances.
- Represents Just-Evotec Biologics in discussions and works collaboratively with current and potential partners.
- Key contributor to all aspects of business development and strategy.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in a scientific discipline) plus advanced degree (M.S., Ph.D., M.D., J.D. and/or M.B.A.)
- Minimum 10 years of business development experience within biotechnology and pharmaceutical industry
- Proven track record of successfully executing deals from sourcing to deal close
- Strong understanding in biologics drug discovery, development and manufacturing
- Strategic, creative thinker with ability to establish innovative business solutions, structures and concepts
- Excellent collaborative negotiation skills
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Strong business and financial acumen with superior quantitative analytical abilities
- Proactive, team player with strong sense of urgency
About Just – Evotec Biologics
Just – Evotec Biologics, wholly-owned by Evotec SE, is a unique platform company that integrates the design, engineering, development, and manufacture of biologics. With deep experience in the fields of protein, process and manufacturing sciences, the Just team came together to solve the scientific and technical hurdles that block access to life-changing protein therapeutics; from the design of therapeutic molecules to the design of the manufacturing plants used to produce them. Just’s focus is to create access and value for a global market through scientific and technological innovation. Our state-of-the-art labs and cGMP clinical manufacturing plant are co-located in Seattle’s South Lake Union neighborhood – the center of Seattle’s medical, global health, and technology industries and a noted top emerging life science hub in the U.S. Our fast-growing team of 100 employees is expanding Just’s innovative platform and footprint – building our first North American J.POD® commercial manufacturing facility in the Seattle area. For job opportunities, learn more at www.just.bio/careers
About Evotec SE
Evotec is a global, publicly listed biotechnology company with more than 3,000 employees at 13 sites, our headquarters are located in Hamburg. We do research on innovative approaches to drug discovery and development for and with leading pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies and academic institutions. By assembling top-class scientists, state-of-the-art technologies as well as substantial experience and expertise in key therapeutic areas including neuroscience, diabetes and complications of diabetes, pain and inflammation, oncology and infectious diseases, Evotec has established a unique leading position
apply for this position:
please send resume and cover letter